Tuesday 9 November 2010

Provoked thinking.......

Hmmm, where to begin? Well, I decided  to name my blog 'my weird yet wonderful life'  after a friend of mine provoked my thinking through her blog. Basically she decided to blog about her friends and in particular the strange and bizarre things that tend to happen to me and my family members. This got me thinking about all the mental yet sometimes unlucky/unfortunate/hilarious/stupid things that spring themselves upon us. Although I do describe them as sometimes being unfortunate/unlucky; I don't think my life would be quite so humorous without them.

Now I never thought I'd be the type to have a blog but I know that my other blogging pal will simply love this. So here goes......

I think I'll start with events that happened to me when I was younger. The first thing that springs to mind is an incident that happened when I was around 16.
I was walking down the road on a Friday night with my pals, drinking MD 20/20, all done up to the nines, when a boy on a moped drives past. As males do, he started cheering, leering, making rude gestures etc. Being young, embarassed females we really didnt do much back, that is until he rode straight into a parked car. His moped tipped right over and he just lay there on the floor. As we ran to help, he simply got up and sped off. He may have even shouted "bitches" and that was that.

Not long after this I went on holiday to Turkey with my then best friend and 7 lads. Why my mum and dad allowed me to go I'll NEVER know, but at the time it was ace.
Anyway we decided that one night we were going to a foam party. So were there having a great time when one of the lads we are with picks a fight with what I can only describe as a 50 cent look a like. Again, no idea why but....he did. So next thing I know I'm on the floor drowning in this foam with Turkish men screaming "get her out". I can safely say I won't be attending a foam party again.

At around the same point in my life I was seeing this guy who literally EVERYONE fancied. He was quite fit but he was fucking weird as I soon became to realise. He was older than me and one valentines day he said he'd take me out. I was obviously dead chuffed (like a dick) and we headed off to this restaurant/bar (where everyone underage got served) with this other couple. So were having a few drinks and he says he is off to buy some cigarettes. In actual fact he never returned and it turned out he'd smoked a masive spliff and fucked off home to bed. Regrettably, I still kept him as my boyfriend until I cheated on him in Turkey with his mate. Thats the end of the younger days of my life for now.

When I left school, I managed to somehow get myself this great job working part time for the co-op bank. It was mega bucks for a 16 year old and admittedly I did love it. There were loads of young people working there and we honestly just got pissed after work all the time. Anyway, we all found this trick where if you pressed a certain button the call would literally just cut off and you wouldnt have to do any work. So we, as you can imagine thought this was ace. So we ALL did this ALL the time for about 2 years. However, my life being the way it is, my call got recorded and I got caught, out of hundreds of people!! Why me? Anyway there was a big inquest and I, in the end got sacked. I did though meet my now fella of 7 years though so I do believe in fate a little bit.

Now, admittedly I do think that worse and more bizarre things happen to my mum and brother but still, were a family of mishaps.

Another memory I have of unfortunate events is of something that happened not so long ago in a quaint liitle pub. It was the annual bowling tournament and I have no fucking idea why we were there but it was hot and sunny and the beer was flowing. I was with my boyfriend who is on the whole a very quiet, sensible person. However on occassion, he has been known to just go absolutely mental and totally embarass me; this was one of those days. As I said the alcohol was going down a treat and Andy began to get increasingly drunk. He then decided it would be funny to push his belly out, making it huge, pushing it into people shouting BELLYYYYYYY. This quickly turned sour and resulted in him knocking a man backwards in his chair, him taking his pint and cigarette with him and knocking himself out on the ceramic fire place. We went home soon after this.

More recently, I was on a driving lesson and I detested my driving lessons and would try to avoid them at any cost. This one particular evening, it was really hot and I was working on manoveoures in a not so nice area. We had all the windows down and these naughty kids walked past and shouted an obscenity into the car. Me being me thought it would be funny to give the children the v's, that is until they bombarded the car with water bombs. My instructors face was dripping in water and the inside of the car was soaked. In fairness to those kids it was genius.

Anyway, I think I've had enough of blogging for tonight. There have been various other incidents such as having my driving test abandoned and having to walk back to the test centre with the examiner, being approached with machetes at morrisons during an armed raid, falling asleep in the snow pissed, knocking myself out on the moor on a fri night but its wine o clock so ciao for now xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Genius, Hannah I peed myself laughing reading this! SO SO funny!! You have to do the driving exam as just one whole blog because it is probably the funniest story ever, the other stories I don't actually think you have told me before hence made me wet myself because I could actually hear your voice as I was reading them (sign of a good writer me thinks!)honestly my life would be at least 99% duller without you and yours in it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps.. word though, you may want to change your name from Miss Firth, any kids from the school googling that (and they will) will find this blog and your busted!! More annon, maybe MissF would suffice xxx

    ReplyDelete